What's new

Hopefully joining you guys soon...

rushdown

I just won a new Surface Pro 2 256 GB with the newer 4300U intel chip off of eBay for $1150!

I am planning on returning my Surface Pro 1 128 GB back to Best Buy as I'm still within my return period of 15 days. But, I'm keeping the power cover. :D

Some questions:

1. For people who have the Surface Pro 2 AND the power cover, how long does the battery last with the power cover attached to it? Assuming both the Surface Pro 2 and the power cover are at a full charge each.

2. I'm thinking of purchasing the Microsoft Complete (Microsoft Surface warranty | Surface extended warranty | Microsoft Complete), is it worth it in y'all's opinion? And, what is the deductible?

Dim-Ize

Awesome for you! Grats on the winning bid. You will love it!

I don't have the power cover. But, there are two threads in this child forum as well as one or two in the accessories forum that address that very topic (battery life).

I don't have the MS Complete, but it sounds great. If you can swing it financially, it is a great peace of mind, IMO.

Philtastic

I got the complete coverage because this is a $1500'ish after tax device (256 GB) that I balance precariously on my legs on the train/bus. I can imagine some guy bumping me and having it crash to the floor.

OP
R

rushdown

I got the complete coverage because this is a $1500'ish after tax device (256 GB) that I balance precariously on my legs on the train/bus. I can imagine some guy bumping me and having it crash to the floor.

Cool. Since I saved a $150 on the winning bid, I will probably put that towards Microsoft Complete coverage. Do you know how much the deductible is if you accidentally dropped it?

CrippsCorner

Not sure how house insurance works where you live but I'm in the UK and I'm covered for any portable devices up to £1,500 inside or outside of my house (even abroad) and that's for anything... stolen/accidental damage/lost etc. it doesn't cost me any extra for this, it's just built into my standard level of cover.

I've only used it once, when my iPhone was pick pocketed in London. Completely hassle free (although I did have to pay £50 excess) well worth checking!

jollywombat

Deductible is $50, had my original SP2 swapped due to fan and screen issues at a MS store verses waiting for the RMA process.

Note however, you have to buy the warranty within 45 days of purchasing the surface from the original point of sale. Since ebay is reselling it, unsure exactly how that will work, hopefully they included the original receipt and its not more than 45 days out.

al2fast

One way to find out, go here, register, punch in your serial number found on the back under the stand, and see if you can add the complete. I personally went for it and I've never purchased an extended warranty for electronic device before. With the battery non-replaceable, I figured minimally I could get a brand new device in 2 years, scratch free and awesome brand new battery life. If I wanted to move on to the surface pro 4 or whatever they have out at that point in time, I would have a brand new SP2 to sell.