What's new

Hot spot deals... I occasionally need a hotspot

Mikewired

Anyone know of any good hotspot deals? I only occasionally need a hotspot so to pay 60.00 a month, I don't want to do. I have a 30.00 unlimited plan on my iPad but that doesn't help me on the sp3. I have looked at tmobile 2gb plan for 20.oo.
I

leeshor

Wal-mart, if you are in the US, has a prepaid hotspot. The coverage isn't great but when you pay for however much data you want/need, it doesn't expire. You recharge it like a prepaid debit card.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If Sprint Coverage in your area is decent, Ting is an option.... www.ting.com that are a Pay as you Go and is very reasonable from a pricing perspective.

graye

I just use my phone to create a temporary hotspot. I'm on T-Mobile, so they don't care if I use my 4G connection for a hotspot use (other carriers charge more, or disallow it).

So, I have a hot spot when I need it, and don't pay a dime more than my usual phone bill.

strollin

I have Verizon and am grandfathered into an unlimited data plan so I also use my phone as a hotspot too. Unfortunately, Verizon doesn't offer an unlimited data plan anymore.

Is your T-Mobile plan unlimited and is it available to sign up for now? When I look at the T-Mobile website their "unlimited" plan allows for 5GB of Hotspot data for $80/month.

graye

No, I do not have the unlimited plan... but I also don't download ISO files or stream movies while using it as a hotspot.

palmor

If you want to pay full price (or find one on eBay) I know at least Verizon offers a pay as you go, price depending on how much data you want to purchase. Last time I did it was something like $15 for 300MB that you had to use within a few days (or some short amount of time) up to $60 for a handful of Gigs that you had the month to use.