What's new

Hotmail Officially Dead

J515OP

Super Moderator
Outlook.com: 400 million active accounts, Hotmail upgrade complete and more features on the way

When we launched the preview of Outlook.com, our goal was to build the best email service in the world, capable of scaling to over a billion active customers. When Outlook.com came out of preview, it was already the fastest growing email service thanks to your support. The last two months have seen the release of a new, modern Outlook.com calendar, a refreshed Outlook.com app for Android devices, two-factor authentication for your account, new international domains for people around the world, and the release of a preview of Skype calling in Outlook.com.

Today, we're excited to announce that we've completed upgrading all Hotmail customers to Outlook.com. Coupled with the growing organic excitement for Outlook.com, this has pushed us to over 400 million active Outlook.com accounts, including 125 million that are accessing email, calendar and contacts on a mobile device using Exchange ActiveSync.

Outlook Blog - Outlook.com: 400 million active accounts, Hotmail upgrade complete and more features on the way

TeknoBlast

I like how Hotmail/outlook has turned out. I've used it since day one and don't think I'll ever leave the system since everything is tied in well with my Outlook account.

OP
J515OP

J515OP

Super Moderator
I like how Hotmail/outlook has turned out. I've used it since day one and don't think I'll ever leave the system since everything is tied in well with my Outlook account.

I was part of the Live Mail update beta group and now have a fun little Windows Beta logo in my hotmail signature line as a "thank you" :)

mitchellvii

One thing I can say I really like about Modern UI is their Mail App. Very nice. Find the guy that created that and put him in charge of everything.

ScottyS

I was a beta tester for msn (I guess that dates me). Not only got to keep the msn.com email address, but they gave us a T-shirt too (now quite worn and faded).