What's new

Hotspot support?

Votality

Am i correct in saying the sp4's wifi driver does not support creating a wifi hotspot?

(The gui for creating one was removed in win 8 but you can create one using the cmdline) however it appears however the wifi driver doesnt support it on the sp4.

When you do "netsh wlan show drivers" it seems to say "hosted network support" is no. It should say yes and there should be a hidden network driver in device manager called "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" which doesnt exist on my sp4.

Last edited:

leeshor

It;s also more of an OS issue than a driver issue. Windows used to have Internet Connection Sharing, (ICS), but no longer does.

OP
V

Votality

It;s also more of an OS issue than a driver issue. Windows used to have Internet Connection Sharing, (ICS), but no longer does.

Im not using ICS. Just a point to point wifi network. There are guides with people using it on windows 10 so it cant have been removed. Your wifi adapter drivers must support it although. Since posting i have read if you download the windows 8.1 driver from marvel it supports it.

Last edited:

leeshor

our first post said driver, the second said adapter. That would be more correct as in the case of 8.x or 10 the device would need the radio support, hardware.