What's new

How do I disable mobiles sites on the surface pro 3

popalock

I'm running windows 10 and tried edge, IE and chrome and haven't been able to find a way to turn off the mobile version of the website I need to access.

Any idea how to give me a desktop view only? The site I'm trying to access is www.parcelhero.com

Thanks

leeshor

That site doesn't work for me at all. Error page but it does display as a desktop page.
Moving this to Windows 10 on SP3 from SP Pro.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably a cookie or something like that which is site specific.
Examine the URL after it loads, many simply append or prepend an 'm' on the URL for the mobile site, strip it off and hit go... see if that gets you to the desktop site. I actually got an Error Page initially then it redirected to
Https:// www .parcelhero .com
Note space added to preserve text.

OP
P

popalock

thanks all. Persisted and think I got confused between mobile site and a responsive design which gives the site a more mobile feel. For this particular site the design of the site on a small screen is poor making it trickier to find certain sections I need to access.

So put another way, is there a way to make the site unresponsive? Or rescale it so it thinks I have a large screen?

Thanks!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok, on a Pro3 make sure you have an AdBlocker loaded in the browser you're using. many sites are slow any unresponsive because they are loaded with ADs. My being in the US made this site unbearably slow to load, so much so, that Id never visit it on a normal basis (besides which the service is not suited to the US). Assuming you meant make the site "responsive" vs "unresponsive" because who really wants that. :)

Not sure what you meant by rescale to a large screen but Crtl-shift-+ would make it Zoom In... or just use Pinch to Zoom which is of course named bass ackwards :)

OP
P

popalock

Sorry think I wasn't clear. When I say responsive I'm referring to "responsive design" in websites. ie where the website automatically moves stuff around and changes the format depending on the size of screen and type of device you are using.

But there comes a point in the "responsive design" where the screen size is a big enough to display the full content without the need for 3 line menu buttons etc..

Is there a way to force the site to give me that design instead of a slimmed down version given the relatively small screen size of the SP?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there a way to force the site to give me that design
Not to my knowledge. Only if you're the web developers boss is that remotely possible and even then "FORCING" developers to do anything is pretty much impossible. They always find a way to sabotage anything they don't want to do. ;)