What's new

How do I get the Pro to?

OP
A

Afy

Nope..it is stuck in the preparing to update your computer cycle, during a reboot. So that option will not work.

DOS

Any more info you can give? Is this a brand new system out of the box? Has it just performed an update? Are there other accessories plugged in? Will it shut off at all? Have you tried to boot to Safe Mode?

jeffskent

I have also read that if you call Microsoft toll free they will guide you through a reset process that can reset your stuck Pro. If they can't do it, they should give you a RMA to return and replace the stuck Pro. If you are close enough to a MS Store, they should be able to help you there as well.

OP
A

Afy

Ah well.. did an update. Not a brand new system. And its just stuck in the update mode for some reason. Have plugged it in, and lets see what happens.

mitchellvii

Ah well.. did an update. Not a brand new system. And its just stuck in the update mode for some reason. Have plugged it in, and lets see what happens.

Once you get it restarted (it will eventually, just leave it alone for a while and let it restart and fail a couple times - don't press any buttons), go into your updates, search for new ones again and install just one at a time until you find the culprit. Then go back and right click > hide the trouble maker so it never installs.

In my experience, it is usually an Optional Update (specific to your hardware configuration) that causes these problems and not the standard Windows Updates, so you can pretty much safely install all those at once without going one by one.