What's new

how do I transfer my PC based digital copies to my surface

wilbur4321

I do accept that being an early adopter I should accept a few quirks but playing movies seems like an awfully big omission (a bit like POP3 mail). I guess I hadn't realized that the DRM was tied to a specific computer. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard - the life of you movie collection is now tied to the useable life of your PC - about 2-3 years if you're like me. I guess I'll take a look at catalyst maybe it will be third time lucky.

If you "buy" digital media with DRM, you must accept that you are really renting it for a pre-determined length of time. This is why I make a general policy of not "buying" such things unless I have a way of stripping the DRM (as I can do with Audible books, etc).

I'm hoping the movie industry will finally wake up, like the music industry did and books are starting to, that DRM really irks customers.

--randy

PavtubeVideo

As a digital version of Blu-ray or DVD movie, Digital Copy gives you he flexibility to watch your movie anytime, anywhere. You may transfer your "Digital Copy" to your Mac, PC and iTunes-compatible devices. Basically Digital Copies all boil down to the DRM (Digital Rights Management) which prevents you from playing them on unauthorized devices. Unfortunately, the Microsoft Surface tablet - both Surface RT and Surface Pro have not get a license to play DRM contents, which means digital copy movies will even play on your Surface Tablet.

In order to bring Digital Copies downloads to Surface tablet for playing without problems, you need to strip DRM from Digital Copy movies first and then convert Digital Copy (WMV/M4V) to a Surface friendly format such as the MP4. To achieve your goal smoothly, below is a simple tutorial for you, guaranteed to transfer and play Digital Copies on Microsoft Surface tablet.

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...-digital-copy-movies-work-surface-tablet.html