What's new

How do ya'll view this forum?

kristalsoldier

Seriously! After using MUI IE, using other browsers is a downer. I find the MUI version of IE to be slick and smooth. I liked it on my Surface 2 which I used to use earlier, but on the SP3, it is simply brilliant! I wish all browsers were like this.

I would flag a couple of things as possible enhancements/ improvements. For example, to use tracking lists one still has to do this via the desktop version of IE. One way around this would be to have something like a MUI IE Control Center where such stuff can be enabled/ disabled. One other thing I would like to see is the ability to install curated plug-ins (especially function-specific plug-ins that corporates require their employees to use). As an academic, it would be excellent, for example, if some reference software (like Mendeley etc.) could have plug-ins. Again, installing it via the aforementioned Control Center would be the way to go. Another thing would be to use the compatibility functions via such a Control Center. This way, the desktop version of IE could plausibly disappear!

malberttoo

I installed TapaTalk on my HTC One the other night, only used it for like 2 minutes. Didn't like it at all.

OP
T

the1spicymeatbal

Okay just started using MUI Tapatalk-- Love it!!!!!! Getting real time notifications on subscribed threads popping in from the right because it's built for Win 8 makes for a fantastic experience. No more refresh button needed. This is great if your forum supports it, IMHO.

EMINENT

I'll use anything that will give me a black background, but currently dealing with blinding white theme using MUI IE.

Umm...(cough.. dark theme)

grumpy

Firefox-Biteing-Internet-Explorer-1600x1200-by-hrwalls.blogspot.com_.jpg

strollin

If I'm accessing this forum from my SP3, desktop, laptop or netbook, I use FireFox. If on my phone or Android tablet, Dolphin browser.

mitchellvii

If you know how to use the Chrome HD hack for the latest beta, no other browser looks better. Here's the hack by the way:

Add these Registry Entries and text will be super sharp, no fuzzies at all:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\Google\Chrome\Profile]
"high-dpi-support"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\Profile]
"high-dpi-support"=dword:00000001

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/how-to-google-chrome-hidpi-support-windows/