What's new

How Do You Backup Your SP4?

wynand32

I'm in that category of not backing up. I store all of my data in OneDrive (it's set as my Documents folder) and so when I need to do a reset for any reason, I just re-download my apps again and reinstall. I only use a handful of apps on my SP4, compared to my main workhorse, my desktop, and so reconfiguring is really pretty trivial task.

WTTNdba

It just occurred to me that I don't backup my SP4. Since I use it only for travel and recreation, any data on it is duplicated elsewhere. But if it crashed, I would have to reconfigure it. Therefore, an image backup might be warranted for me.

How do you backup your SP4?
I use One drive to store my docs.

OP
D

DavidZ

I'm in that category of not backing up. I store all of my data in OneDrive (it's set as my Documents folder) and so when I need to do a reset for any reason, I just re-download my apps again and reinstall. I only use a handful of apps on my SP4, compared to my main workhorse, my desktop, and so reconfiguring is really pretty trivial task.
Fortunately, I've never had to reset my SP4, but I understand the procedure as follows.

1) Download SP4 image
2) Install image on SP4
3) Download and install Win 10 updates
4) Download and install apps
5) Customize desktop to your preferences

Did I leave anything out? That doesn't seem trivial to me. How many hours is that?

Nikolina

I don't back up my SP4. All important files are in the cloud anyway, and I don't have that many stuff installed on my SP4. If I ever want to reset it, I'll just install it again.