What's new

How do you hold your Surface Pro 3?

kundas1

I don't. I rarely hold it in my hand, that's what the kickstand is for. That is one of the best design features in this device. The kickstand does what all other tablets want their device to do, to stand in an upright position for optimal viewing.

I found a new way to "hold" it while sitting in the car. I must disclaimer this though, I was NOT driving, but just hanging out in the car killing time while waiting for my daughter to finish her art class. Might as well watch a movie while waiting, and instead of having it sit on my lap, I found a new way to "mount" it. I think it's pretty cool.

View attachment 3765

View attachment 3766

I drive a 2007 Honda Fit and the kickstand slides right into the steering wheel and holds there with a perfect amount of friction.

aaahahahaha I do the same thing! I thought I was the only genius who thought of this set up! also I connect the SP3 to my car stereo and play movies like I was in the cinema and eat popcorn and everything! LOL

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for all your input. Is there any reason why you guys prefer to hold the Surface Pro 3 with the Windows key on the right?
Its likely an subconscious logical decision: The camera and light sensors being on the top with the windows key on the right but I could just be blowing smoke. :)

mohcho

kundas1 said:
aaahahahaha I do the same thing! I thought I was the only genius who thought of this set up! also I connect the SP3 to my car stereo and play movies like I was in the cinema and eat popcorn and everything! LOL

Ah..forgot to hook the audio into my car. The front firing speakers were pretty good already, but next time.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for all your input. Is there any reason why you guys prefer to hold the Surface Pro 3 with the Windows key on the right?
Because I use my Right Thumb to press the Windows Key and it orients the camera correctly....

Geek.Verve

I'm right-handed, so I hold it with my left. If the Windows button were on the left, I would be constantly hitting it with my hand.

If in landscape I use it with windows key on the right, I make full use of the stand though because why not? To be honest though I never find it too hot to hold.

In portrait I have the windows key on top for 2 reasons: to save accidentally touching it and so I can attach the pen magnetically.

I second this! The magnetic strip where the power cover attaches is very strong.

3rd) The hotter half of the computer is then at the top (the CPU and Fan on on the right hands side in landscape next to the Window Key).

raqball

When I'm plopped on the couch I hold / rest it in my right hand with the Windows logo on the right in landscape mode. Then I use my right thumb to scroll. Works great for me.

Aeron15

I only hold mine in portrait mode because if I held mine with both hands in landscape, I always end up touching the start button. I know I can turn off the start button but I don't like turning off things that I would be turning on again afterwards.