What's new

how do you lay the surface down ?

sillyrabbitt123

if you dont have the keyboard on the unit. if you lay the unit on its back does it get scratched? do you put a protective sticker on it? its seems a case wouldnt be any good for this make it even heavier. whats the best course of action? i dont want to scratch it.

thanks

oion

if you dont have the keyboard on the unit. if you lay the unit on its back does it get scratched? do you put a protective sticker on it? its seems a case wouldnt be any good for this make it even heavier. whats the best course of action? i dont want to scratch it.

thanks

A decal solution would be the most minimalistic. StickerBoy and DecalGirl, among others, are popular ones. It "shouldn't" get scratched because the case is magnesium, but the VaporMg veneer treatment still accumulates other things like .... fingerprints. (That's the main reason why I disliked it.)

A decal solution would be the most minimalistic. StickerBoy and DecalGirl, among others, are popular ones. It "shouldn't" get scratched because the case is magnesium, but the VaporMg veneer treatment still accumulates other things like .... fingerprints. (That's the main reason why I disliked it.)

And that's why the magnesium finish on the 2 is amazing. No fingerprints!

jamesk

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield is a nice Carbon fiber skin that has a l8fetime replacement, but using a skin will cause your surface to run hotter since it can't dissipate the heat. I took my skin off after a couple weeks.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

ok so you just put it screen side up on a table to kitchen counter and you do not have any scratches or anything? i dont want to test it. but if you are saying were good to go with the magnesium finish then thats GREAT.

thanks!

rooster24

I have scratches on my kick stand. However I did drop it once. Not sure if that's what did it. Glad I bought the warranty protection plan.

oion

ok so you just put it screen side up on a table to kitchen counter and you do not have any scratches or anything? i dont want to test it. but if you are saying were good to go with the magnesium finish then thats GREAT.

thanks!

Dropping it is one thing, but for regular use like that, it can't possibly be that delicate. ;)

ALLCAPS

I lay mine flat on it's back when I charge it. Don't have any scratches so far. Fingerprints, but no scuffs.

revmike

I put a stickerboy skin on mine I didn't like the smuges on the back and to give some protection, plus it gives a better feel to the back when holding it standing up.

OP
S

sillyrabbitt123

thanks for the info. it doesnt get hotter with it on? how easy was it to install the sticker any issues doing that to look out for? thanks!