What's new

how do you reconnect a bluetooth device??

foghat

Hey all,

I can initially pair my creative d100 Bluetooth speaker no problem.

However, I cannot reestablish a connection. It does not automatically connect, and there appears to be no way to initiate the connection (like you can do in ios) from the Surface.. I have to remove the device and then repair it. That is not really acceptable.

How the heck to you reconnect an already paired device?

yonghong

microsoft does this not as good as apple , most time I'm good with my BT headphone,just sometimes have trouble.

malberttoo

I've had difficulty pairing and repairing both a headset, and a speaker. Microsoft does need a streamlined, refreshed Bluetooth interface...

Geneo

Two side notes:
1- I just found the Control Panel (in the all-apps list below Start) and pinned it to Start. Saves some time.
2- I just got a Dell Bluetooth mouse that had trouble re-hooking. After a couple of times removing it and re-pairing it, it seems to reconnect everytime just fine IF I move the mouse first (wake it up), then wake my Surface from sleep. (Whew, I was about to throw my new mouse through the wall.) (Not really).

JeffGr

It's a little hidden, but you can reconnect Bluetooth speakers. First right click (or touch and hold) the speaker icon in your notification area and select "Playback Devices". Then right click on the Bluetooth speaker and select "connect".

-Jeff

OP
F

foghat

Thanks, but my issue is not getting to that screen, but the fact that on that screen there is no way (that I can tell) to reconnect an already paired device.

It's a little hidden, but you can reconnect Bluetooth speakers. First right click (or touch and hold) the speaker icon in your notification area and select "Playback Devices". Then right click on the Bluetooth speaker and select "connect".

-Jeff

Thanks, that is pretty much what I was looking for. Though connecting does not work very well for me. I can reconnect my device, but then the audio/video slows to almost a halt and no sound comes out of the bt speaker.

MS definitely has a work to do with their BT implementation.

yogi_43130

Hey all,

I can initially pair my creative d100 Bluetooth speaker no problem.

However, I cannot reestablish a connection. It does not automatically connect, and there appears to be no way to initiate the connection (like you can do in ios) from the Surface.. I have to remove the device and then repair it. That is not really acceptable.

How the heck to you reconnect an already paired device?
Adjust Microsoft Surface sound | Add audio accessories | Adjust sound settings