What's new

Solved How do you remove stuff from W10 All Apps list

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Installed and old Powertoy Calculator but it didn't work, now I cant get rid of it. Did the uninstall on the App but There's a Powertoy folder and another item in the Apps list.

Any idea where they can be deleted?

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never mind, found it.... sorta. Had to reboot after I deleted it and it was still there but then after a minute it magically disappeared.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\<Foldername>

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Although there's a lot of stuff missing from this area that is on the All Apps list so... this is only a partial solution...

I guess the rest is in that Magic area where my deletion persisted for a while. :)

leeshor

Have you ever tried Revo Uninstaller. I tried to get one my employees to try using it many years ago and he basically ignored me. One day he called me to ask what he should do with a program that couldn't seem to find it's own uninstaller. He'll never uninstall another program without it ever again.

leeshor

Revo does something the program's uninstaller does not do, it cleans up registry entries too. It amazes me how much junk is left behind by today's uninstallers.

kristalsoldier

Have you ever tried Revo Uninstaller. I tried to get one my employees to try using it many years ago and he basically ignored me. One day he called me to ask what he should do with a program that couldn't seem to find it's own uninstaller. He'll never uninstall another program without it ever again.

Which version would you recommend?