What's new

How good is Surface 3 Atom for daily use

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
3DMark 25590 is about what I expected. Interesting that he initially got lower scores... must have been Indexing or some such after setup, huh. PC World reported 25429 on 3DMark.

1432 on PCMark 8 Home Conventional is not great but It makes me wonder if this too was low because of other activity. The Atom Z3740 Bay Trail scored 1600-1660 with 35 out of 45 systems, the Z8700 should do better than that.

I guess we still need to wait for experienced benchmark testers to get reliable results.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They might need to implement a laugh track that plays when anyone tries to launch a Game. ha ha ha You tried to run what??? This is likely to be the biggest complaint.

I know certain reviewers who thought the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 was a wonderful machine with an Atom Z2760 Clover Trail, the iteration before Bay Trail but the only game the might have played was Words with Friends or Crossword Solitaire.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I'm worry about one thing: Battery life. Nobody is talking about it yet. Usually that means 'far from what has been promised".

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm worry about one thing: Battery life. Nobody is talking about it yet. Usually that means 'far from what has been promised".
If they made it lighter at the cost of battery life parity the made a bad decision. From the disassembled pictures it looked like there was room for more battery.