What's new

How many times have you replaced the main battery in your SP3 Pen?

How often have you replaced the main Pen Battery?

• Never

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • 1-2 times

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • 3-5 times

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • >5 times

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
When I first got my Surface pro 3 I bought 4 spare AAAA batteries as they're not that easy to find day to day.

However over 13 months later I'm still on the original battery!! Admittedly I'm not a daily user but sometimes i do use the pen a lot for taking notes/drawing so it does get some occasional heavy use.

How about you?

leeshor

Totally OT, but at 10 319s for $8 on Amazon reminds me of the story back in the big CB radio days when someone would ask for a 10-36 (a time check). At some point someone would ask how they could afford a $300 CB and not a $1o Timex. ;)

kristalsoldier

Nopes...not changed either batteries in the Pen which I got with my SP3 when it was released in N. America more than a year back. Still working fine - though I have bought and kept aside a pack of 4 AAAA batteries.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does seem to last well doesn't it! This thread was inspired by a comment on another thread about the Apple pencil and how the batteries for the SP pen are hard to find (not that hard online at least). Sounds like a few people did what I did and stocked up unnecessarily lol!

Last edited:

vxm

Between Jan and May I used pen 8-12hrs per day, everyday, Jun-now 2-6hrs per day. Still waiting to use all those spares I bought ;) (bought like 4 in case I can't find any later)

yonghong

Totally OT, but at 10 319s for $8 on Amazon reminds me of the story back in the big CB radio days when someone would ask for a 10-36 (a time check). At some point someone would ask how they could afford a $300 CB and not a $1o Timex. ;)
That's US, in Canada its at least $5 each