What's new

How Microsoft Can Save Windows RT

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry, either your OS install is corrupt or you have apps causing the Bug Checks or you have a defective unit. Everything you could do in Windows 7 you can do in Windows 8, install Office and it functions just like Windows 7. I've used Windows 8 since the Dev Preview and use it on all of my machines and have never had the issues you have. Now I don't use 3rd Party Browsers as Firefox has lost its ability to create a good browser and I can't trust Google. I would do a Hard Reset and Update before installing 3rd party apps and see if it clears up, if not RMA the sucker...

zze86

You guys are probably right. I'm just a little much jaded. I'll try a refresh this weekend and see how that goes.

If I recall I had to do a fresh install shortly after getting vista as well....

(Ha! Just had to get one last jab in there! :LOL:)

OP
bosamar

bosamar

I wish we have Dolphin...

I got my 'dolphins' in 1980 on USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (SSBN 600). Here's a pix of me and our Captain at the ceremony. That murky black shadow in the background is USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65) circa 1980 of course.

img179.jpg

ArnoldC

I got my 'dolphins' in 1980 on USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT (SSBN 600). Here's a pix of me and our Captain at the ceremony. That murky black shadow in the background is USS ENTERPRISE (CVN 65) circa 1980 of course.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. (ok, I need to stop saying this as somebody kidded I sound like one from AA) :LOL: