What's new

How Much Faster Than Launch Week?

Sdanaher

I bought one launch day, was too slow. Web pages crashed (verge iPhone 5 review 100% of time), etc.

How better is it now?

I want to own, but need it to function.

ArnoldC

I bought one launch day, was too slow. Web pages crashed (verge iPhone 5 review 100% of time), etc.

How better is it now?

I want to own, but need it to function.
You bought one, where is it now? Have you updated to the latest Windows Update? You want to own? Did you return it?

OP
S

Sdanaher

You bought one, where is it now? Have you updated to the latest Windows Update? You want to own? Did you return it?

I did return it. Waiting for it to be right. Is the speed where it is good to go? Seriously not trolling, I want to have the form factor, but not at the expense of usability.

bosamar

Let me liken the Surface v1 to the iPadv1. They both have a few things in common, lack of apps and WiFi connectivity problems. All are being addressed and at least two firmware updates have been released to date. IMO the Surface RT as is - is superior to the latest iPad. It's revolutionary. I'm fully convinced Microsoft is fully committed to this product and I only expect great leaps in the RT operating system in the future. BTY - how long did you own/use your RT before giving up?

OP
S

Sdanaher

Let me liken the Surface v1 to the iPadv1. They both have a few things in common, lack of apps and WiFi connectivity problems. All are being addressed and at least two firmware updates have been released to date. IMO the Surface RT as is - is superior to the latest iPad. It's revolutionary. I'm fully convinced Microsoft is fully committed to this product and I only expect great leaps in the RT operating system in the future. BTY - how long did you own/use your RT before giving up?

14 days as my daily driver. I didn't give up, I'm patiently waiting for it to be ready. I travel full time and can't afford to have my daily driver not be ready for me.

I'm anxiously awaiting it to be ready. It wasn't at the time. I could make IE crash in command at a site I regularly view.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I think he was saying The Verge. Unfortunately it is both a wonderful and horrible site at the same time. Wonderful in appearance and horible in performance (even on a desktop).

bosamar

I'm not fond of that website but hey, it's a free internet! . Still would like to know what updates OP has installed.