What's new

How Often do you Hard Reset? (Volume up and Power)

otherminds

I am curious how often individuals have had to hard reset the SP3 -- the volume + and power button -- ? As of late, I am finding that I am having to do this more often to get it to power up (otherwise, screen stays black).

Also -- what power settings do people have for the screen off vs sleep? I think my SP3 is experiencing issues with the awaking from sleep. Would it be a terrible thing in terms of wear and tear to never have it fall asleep.

Thanks!

ScottyS

I am curious how often individuals have had to hard reset the SP3 -- the volume + and power button -- ? As of late, I am finding that I am having to do this more often to get it to power up (otherwise, screen stays black).

Also -- what power settings do people have for the screen off vs sleep? I think my SP3 is experiencing issues with the awaking from sleep. Would it be a terrible thing in terms of wear and tear to never have it fall asleep.

Thanks!
I don't think you need to do a hard rest. There's been a bug with it coming out of sleep and the screen stays off. Just a forced shut down (hold power button down for > 15 seconds) and then you can restart.

Mine did that a while with Win8 but it seems to have been fixed by one of the updates; I haven't had it happen in a long time and am now running Win10.

r0b123

Now that Win10 has stabilized after release, I don't recall doing the hard reset. But when I was on early builds, it was a once every 2 weeks or so.