What's new

How Secure is Your Keyboard Pen Loop?

mtalinm

ctitatic don't you then have to remove the pen every time you want to open the keyboard for typing? Otherwise the keyboard won't lie flat, and the magnetic piece won't connect with the lower bezel. That seems like a real pain to me.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hence the idea of just having a slot for the pens clip to slide into. I fully agree that they shouldn't just take a Samsung route and make the pen a worthless stick, but for the price these things cost, they should have done more than give us a damn sticker. Quite frankly its embarrassing.

Samstables

I ended up buying a case (for protection in transit mostly) that happens to come with a pen loop (along top edge) so I'll be using that. Just as well seeing as my pen stick on pen loop was never going to stick to anything as it was packed, already stuck to the instructions booklet! I did call up for a replacement but although they sell them for £4.49 each, they couldn't just send me one - I'd have to return my whole keyboard to get a new keyboard AND pen loop. Yes, they'd pay for all the shipping but what a joke, for a teeny piece of fabric and plastic!
But I think the best solution would be a simple slot for the pen clip to go into as others have said...

ipaq_101

I bought one of these from the container store for $4:

http://www.leuchtturm1917.com/en/content/pen-loop

I bought it in black, I ordered sticker boy skins and I used the front screen bezel to cut up and match the sticker to the pen loop.
20140901_190744-1.jpg
20140901_190839.jpg

carrmaa

the idea of attaching in the groove of the keyboard is the cheapest, most practical, simplest way of keeping the pen with the surface. if you still worry about the glass getting scratched from huge hits while carrying it around, put your surface in a briefcase and your pen in the briefcase's pen area. I had an Incipio case for my Surface Pro 2 and it had a zippered pouch where I stored my pen and wedge mouse.

Aeron15

It seems the pen loop can only remain attached up to one re-attachment. I stuck the pen loop first then decided it wasn't the spot I wanted so I removed it again. I re-attached it somewhere and then it stayed there. A month later, I decided I want to align it with the Surface brand on the opposite end so I removed it again. I tried sticking it again but then it didn't stick anymore and peels off easily. And now I've ordered another one from MS...well. Free shipping for a 5$ loop. Not bad...But I really did hope they had an integrated pen holder

Wiidesire

This is how I'm storing the pen since nearly a year and it's the most convenient and best looking way I have found: