What's new

how to bring up keyboard when automatically when i need it on start menu

M17x

i used to be able to bring up keyboard automatically but now i cant anymore.
is it because i took off the type keyboard?
please help me how to set the keyboard on surface pro.
thank you

OP
M

M17x

That is exactly the problem im having, it wont pop up from metro anymore. I sont even know how to pop it up. I did tried store, google, ebay and tried to reply email. None of them cause keyboard to pop up. Please help. Thanks

bosamar

That is exactly the problem im having, it wont pop up from metro anymore. I sont even know how to pop it up. I did tried store, google, ebay and tried to reply email. None of them cause keyboard to pop up. Please help. Thanks
Is this happening with your Type Cover attached or detached?

geckoking

i used to be able to bring up keyboard automatically but now i cant anymore.
is it because i took off the type keyboard?
please help me how to set the keyboard on surface pro.
thank you

This is the problem with the type cover being remove when in sleep mode. You need to login with the keyboard and after you log in.. you can remove the type cover. I had the same problem not being able to pull up keyboard in metro internet explorer.

geckoking

So never remove your touch cover in sleep mode or auto turn off. The cpu still thinks the type cover is sill attach, making the screen keyboard not show up. Fix is to put cover on and after cpu is on detach ... no restart or updates needed

YKinase

If this is still a problem, I noticed you can touch the 'accessibility' icon in the lower left of the login screen. There is an option to bring an on-screen keyboard. This is not the same TOUCH keyboard you would get without the type/touch cover attached - it is the legacy accessibility keyboard.