What's new

How to Download Music?

K4ot1K

This is the last issue I really have with my Surface. XBOX music. After being on the slow side, I finally figured out how to search for particular bands. I now have 2 problems. 1. I cannot get it to download any music to my Surface, and I do have music pass. I only see a way to buy music, but nothing saying "download". And. 2. Zune had a great way to show you similar artists which I used a lot and found many awesome bands. But I don't see the same ability in XBOX music. Is there a way to see similar bands?

Again thanx for all the help!

Sin

I have three option (Play album, Add to my music, and Buy Album). Add to my music downloads the music locally. What do you get for options?

TeknoBlast

Did a little extra research about this. From my understanding, only users with paid Music Passes get the option to download to the local drive. Seems, even if you have the free Music Pass from the MS Store, that's considered a non-paid pass.

Sin

I'm assuming that your primary account on your Surface is the same one with your Xbox Music / Zune Pass is associated with? I've had a Zune Pass for quite a while now, so I'm not sure on the free Music Pass works.

OP
K4ot1K

K4ot1K

mine is a paid subscription. I had a paid zune pass account from the beginning all the way through to now. and xbox music show a current paid subscription.

Sin

Does it matter what album your looking at? I know that certain artist are not included in the Music Pass and show up as Buy Album only.

OP
K4ot1K

K4ot1K

Now it says my device is not part of my xbox music, but when I try to add it there is now "add this device" or anything. My account shows no devices added, but doesn't give me a way to add it. Frustrating!

Sin

So you don't have any devices associated with your Music Pass? Microsoft changed the number of devices allowed and has caused a bit of a problem. You can currently only download music to, I believe, four devices. Check https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Devices/Manage. Devices are added to the list, or attempt to add to the list, when you log into you Music Pass account from a new device. No way to add devices on the web, just delete, which you can only delete two devices every 30 days.

bosamar

So you don't have any devices associated with your Music Pass? Microsoft changed the number of devices allowed and has caused a bit of a problem. You can currently only download music to, I believe, four devices. Check https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Devices/Manage. Devices are added to the list, or attempt to add to the list, when you log into you Music Pass account from a new device. No way to add devices on the web, just delete, which you can only delete two devices every 30 days.

That's good to know. I've had a Zune pass for awhile on my Desktop and WinPhone7.

Sin

Myself as well. I bought the Zune Pass with my original Zune, then Windows Phone 7, Windows 7 netbook, upgraded netbook to Windows 8, and now the Surface. My Xbox 360 is never listed, but use it there as well. Has worked well for me, but with more devices connecting, this could become a real problem. Microsoft used to allow three PCs and three Zunes and now it's down to four devices total. This seams a little short to me. At least have an option to up the number of devices with a tiered subscription plan. Another couple of bucks to allow for a few more devices would be worth it to me.