What's new

How to enable advanced options in OneNote for Surface pro 2.

Nil Edwin

:eek:mg:

Hello!
I saw some screenshots of OneNote, however, a more complete and apparently different from the default that comes in surface pro 2 as well, but with the same name.
So I'm a little confused, how do I enable the same options as shown in this screenshot below?

OneNote-2013-8.PNG

Thank you guys!

Dim-Ize

That screenshot is from the desktop version included with MS Office 2013. It may be available for purchase standalone - not sure. Either way, it is different than the one included or available for free from the MS store.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Screen Shot is OneNote 2013 which is a desktop App, one of the easiest ways to get it is through Office365 Home Premium which is $99/yr for up to 5 installs. After you purchase it, you can get the Key, launch on of the Apps on your Pro and run through the Wizard to unlock Office 2013.

OP
N

Nil Edwin

Should i buy the office 365 studdent edition or microsoft office 2013 and pay just one time?
I will use this only on 2 computers( surface on class + home desktop), plus i want the skydrive sync!

Oh, and thank you guys for your answers ^^

Dim-Ize

I like having my own license vs paying each year. But, there are advantages with the 5 licenses if you have multiple devices. You can check their site and compare whats best for you. You may even trial the desktop version first to make sure its worth it over the free one before deciding.

Tsurugaya

The Screen Shot is OneNote 2013 which is a desktop App, one of the easiest ways to get it is through Office365 Home Premium which is $99/yr for up to 5 installs. After you purchase it, you can get the Key, launch on of the Apps on your Pro and run through the Wizard to unlock Office 2013.

How many languages can you support with that? Or do you have to buy separate language packs?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Should i buy the office 365 studdent edition or microsoft office 2013 and pay just one time?
I will use this only on 2 computers( surface on class + home desktop), plus i want the skydrive sync!

Oh, and thank you guys for your answers ^^

The advantage of Office365 is as long as you are paying the subscription you'll get the latest version of Office, so in 2015 you get that. Office Home and Student is $150/device so your ROI for Office365 is 3 years...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
How many languages can you support with that? Or do you have to buy separate language packs?

Not sure....I don't usually deal in consumer licensing, I know language packs are included at the Office365 E3 or higher or with Office 2013 Professional Plus.

Tsurugaya

Not sure....I don't usually deal in consumer licensing, I know language packs are included at the Office365 E3 or higher or with Office 2013 Professional Plus.

This is one of my pet peeves with Microsoft, they don't make language a selection when you order, seems they believe every nation is completely homogenous. I need an English, Danish and Swedish version, my husband an English, Japanese and Korean version. This combination is totally beyond the imagination of geekdom in Redmond.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, it is just beyond what 99% of consumers need....Office Professional Plus will do what you need. Multi-language support is much more common in the Enterprise Space.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately Pro Plus is a Volume License SKU only which can be purchased on the Open Plan, but I think you need to buy 5 Licenses, but Office Professional is around $400USD.