What's new

How to enable advanced options in OneNote for Surface pro 2.

Dim-Ize

I get Office 2013 from work for $10 for use on a personal device. I believe many businesses have this benefit as do some universities.

f4f

I've got Onenote 2010 on my desktop which is ok and I have 2013 on my Surface which I absolutely love. I didn't start using Onenote on my PC until I felt the usefulness on my Surface. To me, Surface and Onenote have almost become synonymous. 2013 looks way better and you get way more table functions that are lacking in 2010. I've noticed that there is a Onenote app in the store that gives me the option to install and by what I've gathered from this forum it's the RT version or something. Is it possible for me to install this version on my PC? If I do, would I be able to use either the 2010 or RT version? Can I uninstall the RT version without disrupting my 2010 version?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've got Onenote 2010 on my desktop which is ok and I have 2013 on my Surface which I absolutely love. I didn't start using Onenote on my PC until I felt the usefulness on my Surface. To me, Surface and Onenote have almost become synonymous. 2013 looks way better and you get way more table functions that are lacking in 2010. I've noticed that there is a Onenote app in the store that gives me the option to install and by what I've gathered from this forum it's the RT version or something. Is it possible for me to install this version on my PC? If I do, would I be able to use either the 2010 or RT version? Can I uninstall the RT version without disrupting my 2010 version?

It is the Modern UI Version of OneNote (It is more akin to the Upcoming Touch First Office Similar to what was released for iPad). Keep and mind that it will create a new cache for you notebooks.

cdf3

It's the desktop version of OneNote. I searched for OneNote online and it took me to the Microsoft website, where I downloaded it for free.