What's new

how to export notes from onenote as pdf?

Quailmaster

Hi,
I can't seem to find the file menu which allows notes to be saved as PDF.
Is there a way to make the file menu appear?
I am using the free version of one note
Thanks

Don McCubbin

That's not available in the the version. Also, you should be using the Desktop version: www.onenote.com

Actually, from within a given page, choose the print option (by right clicking), and then choose PDF. What I am still trying to figure out is where the generated PDFs end up going! Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, from within a given page, choose the print option (by right clicking), and then choose PDF. What I am still trying to figure out is where the generated PDFs end up going! Any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Your documents folder. Upon printing windows 10 give you a notification saying where it saved it.

Don McCubbin

Your documents folder. Upon printing windows 10 give you a notification saying where it saved it.
Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, it is not in my Documents folder. I have Windows 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3, which I bought in July 2014, and there is no notification regarding where the file is saved, nor is there an option to choose the folder.
Seemingly a PDF is being created, as there is a "processing" step that takes a few seconds, but I am not sure. I did a search of all PDFs on my computer and did not find anything. Very curious.
I guess I need to update to Windows 10. I had not realized it is available! Cheers.

ctitanic

That option was not available when I responded to this question.

Don McCubbin

That option was not available when I responded to this question.
Hi All,
Thank you for your responses!

The solution for me: I updated to Windows 10. To create a PDF, I went to the navigation bar (upper left) and chose print, and then chose "Microsoft print to PDF." As hughlle noted, the file goes to the Documents folder.

There does not seem to be an option to name the file that is created, however. If anyone is aware of how to do this, please let me know.

One final note: other PDF creation options such as "Qucken PDF Printer" and "CutePDF Writer" still do not seem to work. It seems that files might well be created, but I cannot find them, so I guess that in fact they are not created.

Cheers.

HAPrieto

Thanks, I wasted 2 hours trying to find out how to convert the document in pdf. My report to my people was delayed today.