What's new

How to - external monitor and scaling

OP
E

elee532

I'm going to try a little more experimenting tomorrow with the 4K monitor at 30Hz.

I actually have a WQHD monitor that I can experiment with. I just need another cable. So, I can test this scenario pretty easily. The only problem is the monitor that I have is not on the approved list for the Surface Dock.

I don't know anyone with an UHD monitor. But, now you have me thinking maybe I should buy a second one and see if I can get 60Hz with both as long as the Surface Book display is off.

Thanks!!

netjamba

I have my SB hooked up to a docking station. I use two monitors as well as the SB screen. The two external monitors are set to 1920x1080 resolution with 100% scaling. The SB screen is set to 1680x1050 resolution (it was the best mix of resolution and ratio) with a scaling of 125%. This setup has worked well for me when undocking and redocking.

bitatom

I run my SB through the dock to a 31.5" at 3840x2160 60Hz at 150%. I can (but don't usually) have the SB screen on running at the same time at 3000x2000 200% and it works just fine even after un-docking. You can even see the scaling change when you drag a window from one screen to the next.

Seneleron

Anyone have experience with 3440 x 1440 monitor? How would 200% scaling look at this resolution?

In a word: HUGE. I use 100% scaling on my 34" with no issues. I'm afraid to set it to 200%, it'd be like sitting in front of a 1280 x 720 screen :p