What's new

How to get Fallout 4 to play on a SP4 i7

Anybody know how to get the game to launch? I installed Steam. It installed the game. When I run the game, it tries to detect my video card. It can't, and sets everything to low. When I click "Play" it looks like it will launch, but then nothing. I'm back to desktop. So I don't even get to the loading page.

Btw, I didn't play a lot with the SP4 i7 yet, but I didn't get any video card driver crashes yet like some people.

OP
S

starstreak

I tried that. It's not so much going to max performance, it just won't load. It launches to a black screen then closes..

OP
S

starstreak

I got it to run, but not sure what caused it to work, and it wasn't repeatable. I know I set the fallout4.exe to win7 compatibility mode, and not to high dpi scale. Then when I selected 16:10 I got a bunch of modes. I selected something low and I got the game on full screen. Then I missed with it to change resolution and I can sometimes get it to load but always in a windowed screen, never full screen again.

gman713

I gave up on it and uninstalled that mess from my SP4. I'll wait until the developers release a stable patch. Amazingly CoD Black Ops 3 plays fine on my SP4 and the graphics seem a lot better than Fallout.

yrhajsa

Hey Paxton676, the issue you are encountering is the screen goes black with shaders on OPENGL games so to fix it you are supposed to utilize a real graphics card or AMD’s graphics that are present in Mobile FX, A-series, and Ryzen APUs. Graphically speaking it requires upgrading to run shaders, even the tier graphics card can run shaders in Minecraft and that graphics card is named GT 710, so you can upgrade or have to leave behind the idea of using shaders. Press https://exputer.com/guides/errors/fallout-4-black-screen-issue/ this site to find more. Remember that to run shaders, you also have to be capable to hit well over 100 constant FPS without shaders, in case you hit 60 or lower, then leave it or upgrade the whole machine. Apart from that, you need to ensure that you have the newest drivers as well.