What's new

How to keep downloading while screen locked

Slartibartfast

I have been trying to download a 1 or 2 GB update for Android Studio and my Surface keeps timing out and locking the screen, which would be fine if it were to continue downloading, however when it locks the screen my download stops and I have to log in and set it going again. As I'm sure you can appreciate this is most frustrating as I wanted to set it downloading over night but had to sit there jiggling the mouse every few minutes to keep the download progressing. Is there a setting where by one can keep downloading while the screen is locked?

Note, I'm more than happy for the screen to lock, I just wish for the download to continue while it's locked (like it does on my Win10 laptop).

Thanks.

Aldec

I have been trying to download a 1 or 2 GB update for Android Studio and my Surface keeps timing out and locking the screen, which would be fine if it were to continue downloading, however when it locks the screen my download stops and I have to log in and set it going again. As I'm sure you can appreciate this is most frustrating as I wanted to set it downloading over night but had to sit there jiggling the mouse every few minutes to keep the download progressing. Is there a setting where by one can keep downloading while the screen is locked?

Note, I'm more than happy for the screen to lock, I just wish for the download to continue while it's locked (like it does on my Win10 laptop).

Thanks.
Open All Settings, in find a setting box at top type Power, select Power Options, then When to turn off Display. there are also other power options you could try.