What's new

How to make MUI IE default web page?

Whenever I create a new tab in the MUI IE app, it would be nice if it was set to Google.com by default. I went to my MUI IE options and went to "Customize" under "Home page" and added Google.com but it still loads as just a blank white "New Tab" whenever I create a new tab. Is there any way to make this happen?

daniielrp

Unfortunately that wouldn't work as "new tab" and "Home page" are treated separately.

The MUIIE works very much like a mobile browser in that under normal use it will never close as such, but remain open or 'frozen' ready to continue where you left off, making the concept of a homepage next to useless.

Is there a specific thing on the Google homepage you need? If it is just search then you could set your default search provider to Google, then when you open a new tab just type your search in to the address bar and it will do a search using Google.

OP
M

Modification

If you change the default search in desktop IE, the mui version will follow

My default search for my desktop IE is Google.
If I search for something in my MUI IE, it still uses bing.

I even removed the bing search engine from my desktop IE and still it won't work.

nipponham

Yes, you would need the add-on to set it as default but I was making sure you were not using another Google app to do so. If you have the add-on and you've set it as default, all you would need to do is to reset your browser by clearing history and restart IE.

OP
M

Modification

I went to the "clear history" page but decided not to clear history. Turns out, it works anyways. Thanks for the help! Google is now my default browser.

daniielrp

My default search for my desktop IE is Google.
If I search for something in my MUI IE, it still uses bing.

I even removed the bing search engine from my desktop IE and still it won't
work.

Normally you have to restart MUIIE fully before the change will take effect, but looks like you sorted it :D