What's new

How to preview PNG/JPG files in the Preview Pane within Windows Explorer

brosenz

Today I can preview PDF files in the Preview Pane of Windows Explorer (Right Side) without any problem (I had to download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and enable the option to preview PDF files in Windows Explorer), I've been trying to do the same with PNG and JPG files but no luck so far. I am not talking about previewing the files as Icons or Large Icons (left side of Windows Explorer), I want to have the large Preview that can use almost half of the Windows Explorer right side, thanks

NOTE: Forgot to mention the issue is doing this with files in OneDrive, with the local Drives (C:/) works fine, in OneDrive I can see in the Preview Pane only PDF files, no PNG or JPG. I have the Files on Demand option enabled in OneDrive

Last edited:

Xovo Larjem

First, open Windows Explorer, click on View, then click on Options and Change folder and search options. Next, click on the View tab and uncheck the box that says Always show icons, never thumbnails. Once you get rid of that checked option, you should now get thumbnails for all your pictures, videos, and even documents.