What's new

How to re-open previous session in IE

zhenya

Since switching from Chrome to IE11 there have been a number of small issues I've been trying to adapt to. One of the frustrating ones is that IE is far less persistent about preserving my open tabs when I have to shut down the browser. I think I have every option set to remember my tab history, but if I close the browser or restart the computer I often get only my home page tab when I open it next and then have to open the other tabs manually from my history. Is this behavior expected or is there a way to change it?

OP
Z

zhenya

Yes, I have already set that. On occasion it will restart with those tabs - say if I close the browser and then immediately re-open it, but it does not persist say if I reboot or through other factors I have not yet identified. The result is that it rarely actually does what I hoped it would do.

OP
Z

zhenya

Nope, on two different Win 8.1 computers if I manually close the browsing session, I only get my home page tab when I reopen IE.

Any other thoughts?

OP
Z

zhenya

I also realized that my T440s has touchpad gestures that work for back/forward in IE! Why doesn't the SP3 have these??

JoKelly47

I have searched for 2 ways to reopen the entire browsing session on Internet Explorer (desktop).
  • Activate your IE browser. Tap or click the "New tab" button on the address bar (or press Ctrl+T) to open the new tab page, and then tap or click "Reopen last session".

• Press "Alt" key to open the menu bar, tap or click "Tools", and then tap or click "Reopen last browsing session".