What's new

How to Rip and Put DVD's on Nokia Lumia 900

PavtubeVideo

Wanna play your favourite DVD movies on Nokia Lumia 900? Check the fastest tutorial to rip and put DVDs onto Nokia Lumia 900 for enjoyment anywhere and anytime with ease.

put-dvd-on-nokia-lumia-900.jpg

The Nokia Lumia 900's vivid 4.3-inch 800×480-pixel screen are great for watching movies on the go. After you got fantastic Windows Phone, you may want to get your favourite movies off DVD discs and onto the Nokia Lumia 900 when you're traveling or just on the move. If so, you've come to the right place. In this article, I will show you how to download and put DVD movies to Nokia Lumia 900 and what my software setup was. If this is something you're interested in doing, read this full guide below.

Directly importing DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 is impossible because the phone doesn't support DVD playback. To watch DVD movie on Nokia Lumia 900, you will need to convert DVD to Lumia 900 supported video formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, 3GPP, etc. So the most important piece of the equation is that you have a Blu-Ray Ripping software hooked to your Windows or Mac PC.

There are thousands of DVD rippers that can rip DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 playable video formats. Pavtube DVD Conversion Program is one of the best DVD software programs which can help you easily convert DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 highly compatible video formats (Including encrypted DVDs). After the ripping, you can transfer the converted videos to your Windows Phone and watch them anywhere and anytime you like. In addition, this DVD Ripper can also rip DVD to AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, OGG, FLAC, WAV, etc. for playing and sharing anywhere. If you are a Mac user, you can use Pavtube DVD Ripper Mac to encode DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 video formats on Mac (Mountain Lion included). The Mac version has the same functions as the Windows (Windows 8 compatible) version. Just get the right version of the DVD Ripper and follow the below guide to transfer DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 for playing in just a few clicks!

Free Download the DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 Converter:

Customer Reviews: Overall, the program is easy to use for editing and conversion and makes great quality copies of my DVDs. It helps me rip and convert all the DVD Discs even DVD iso/ifo image files. The audio/video synchronization is very good, the size of the subtitles too. I tried several softwares and I can tell you that NO ONE comes even close to the simpleness and great quality that Pavtubes softwares deliver. The time it takes to convert in this software is almost half that in other.

The main interface of Pavtube DVD Ripper is as below. As you can see, you can convert DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 playable videos in just three step within clicks!

dvd-ripper-for-nokia-lumia-900.jpg

Step 1: Add your DVD files by clicking the "DVD disc" button. Browse from your computer's hard drive and select the DVD files you want to rip. ISO image files and IFO files are also supported. After the DVD files are loaded, you can preview them on the right viewing window and take snapshots of your favorite movie scene.

Step 2: Choose MP4 as the output format. Click "Format" bar, you can easily find the optimized videos for Nokia Lumia 900 under Nokia > Nokia Lumia 900 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly.

Step 3: Click "Convert" to start converting DVD to Nokia Lumia 900 MP4 videos. Just wait for the conversion process to finish. After that, you will get the converted MP4 video files and just transfer the videos to Nokia Lumia 900 for playing.

OP
P

PavtubeVideo

Some Tips for Ripping DVD to Nokia Lumia 900

1. How to control output file size, quality, and resolution?

"I have been using Pavtube DVD Ripper to rip movies to watch on my Nokia Lumia 900. I have been ripping them into MP4. Most of the movies are 1GB to 1.5GB. As you can guess, with this file size you can't get too many on a memory card. Anyone know of a better file format to rip movies to that take up less room but still have decent picture quality?"

The Pavtube DVD Ripper allows users to set conversion bitrate, which is related to output file size and quality. The lower part displays the file information. File size depends on the bitrate you use. By setting higher video bitrate the video quality and file size get increased.

To set video bitrate, select a preset in advance ("Nokia Lumia 900 MPEG-4 Video (*.mp4)" recommended) and clikc on "Settings" button. The pop-up Profile Settings window shows you a/v settings you're using.

best-video-format-for-nokia-lumia-900.jpg

Here's an example. When I set bitrate to 2500kbps, the estimated target file size for "ALVIN_AND_THE_CHIPMUNKS" is 1.612GB. If I set video bitrate to 2000kbps, the final file will be 1.301size. If I want smaller file size, I can still set video bit rate down.

Tip: Note that when you lower file size, you lower video quality. We find the best balance between 1000kbps to 1500kpbs on Nokia Lumia 900's 4.3-inch screen (refer to the image above to get the best settings for Nokia Lumia 900).

2. How to save your preference for future use?

One thing good in Pavtube DVD Ripper is that you can create new preset for use. For instance, I've decided the best settings work for converting videos to play on the Nokia Lumia 900, and wanna save it for future use, now all I need is save it as a custom preset. This is easy. Just proceed as follows.

1. In the settings window, press "Save As" button.

2. Give the custom preset a name, say "Nokia Lumia 900 Video(*.mp4)"

3. Click "OK".

nokia-lumia-900-custom.jpg

The next time you open up the DVD ripper for converting movies to Google Nexus 10just press on "Format" bar and find the new preset under "Custom" group.

nokia-lumia900-customized-profile.jpg

All these features are also available in Pavtube Video Converter and Blu-ray Ripper, the former converts TiVo, M2TS, MOD, TOD, MOV, MTS and many other video formats to your desired format, while the latter lets you rip both Blu-ray and DVD to play on Nokia Lumia 900 and various other tablets and smartphones.

Additional Information
If you would like to get a powerful all-in-one tool to convert videos, Blu-ray movies and DVDs to your Android, iPad, or other devices simultaneously saving time and effort, Pavtube’s integrated Video Converter Ultimate (Currently on sale - 20% Off) will be your best choice. If you are running a Mac OS X computer, iMedia Converter for Mac is your alternative choice.

PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with [email protected] / [email protected] to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook or just leave a reply, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.