What's new

How to set resolution to 1440x960 without scaling.

jrr

I would like to set the screen resolution to 1440x960 without any scaling(100%) for some legacy applications. This would remove some of the blurriness as a result of the scaling.

Note the default resolution is 2160x1440 with 150% scaling.

The closest resolution I can find is 1440x900. This leaves the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Are there any drivers or updates I can use to get the 1440x960.

Bandito

I don't know if it's still there in Windows 8.1, but you used to be able to dig into the advanced options for the display drivers and they would often allow you to create custom resolutions. It might be worth poking around a bit to see if you can find anything.

Klownicle

I would like to set the screen resolution to 1440x960 without any scaling(100%) for some legacy applications. This would remove some of the blurriness as a result of the scaling.

Note the default resolution is 2160x1440 with 150% scaling.

The closest resolution I can find is 1440x900. This leaves the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Are there any drivers or updates I can use to get the 1440x960.

Its probable with Intel Display Drivers directly from Intel. (be careful with this! there is a reason Microsoft provides the drivers for this device as its very unique!) I remember back there was an application for running custom resolutions when they are not supported by the display. However sadly, I cannot think of the name at this time. Just google it up, its out there.

ronnyb29

Download the latest intel drivers for the HD4400, you have to force install them from device manager. Once you do that go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel, choose Display, then pull down the menu by the word Display to see the option for Custom Resolution. Say Yes and choose 1440 x 960 and 59hz refresh rate. Save and choose that from the main menu and you'll have full screen and mostly crisp graphics without DPI scaling.

This should have been an option out of the box. Multiple monitors and VDI sessions do not play well with DPI scaling. Enjoy!