What's new

How to speed up two finger vertical scrolling

AeyKumg

Hi,
I just moved back from mac to windows after used mac for 5 years.
and are now happy with my surface laptop 1st gen, i7 8G SSD256GB.
But i see two finger vertical scrolling is not as fast as on mac. it affects browsing experience, e.g. facebook.
Is there anyway to speed it up.
And where is key delay/repeat setting in Windows 10? It is too slow for me.

PS.
I got my surface laptop for 999$ including tax in my country. 16GB 512GB is 300$ more which is not worth in my opinion.
at first I was worried about performance of the SSD drive.
But It has Samsung drive. I am so lucky.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, @AeyKumg ,

Thanks for joining up.

Users usually are very satisfied with the "smooth" scrolling in Edge. That is because Edge scrolls the entire graphic rendition of a webpage, rather than by "line". There is no option to choose how many "lines" to scroll.

Unfortunately, that also means that when you wish to scroll very quickly, you are limited by Edge being slower than desired. Chrome and other browsers remain more conventional.

I suggest you try out PgUp and PgDn keys. I have learned to use them for quick scrolling up or down on pages when I already know about how many key presses or how long to hold down one of these keys to get to the content I wish to view.

Of course, this is not two-finger scrolling. :)

OP
A

AeyKumg

Hi, @AeyKumg ,

Thanks for joining up.

Users usually are very satisfied with the "smooth" scrolling in Edge. That is because Edge scrolls the entire graphic rendition of a webpage, rather than by "line". There is no option to choose how many "lines" to scroll.

Unfortunately, that also means that when you wish to scroll very quickly, you are limited by Edge being slower than desired. Chrome and other browsers remain more conventional.

I suggest you try out PgUp and PgDn keys. I have learned to use them for quick scrolling up or down on pages when I already know about how many key presses or how long to hold down one of these keys to get to the content I wish to view.

Of course, this is not two-finger scrolling. :)

Thank you. seems I have to get used to it.