What's new

how to stop video error messages?

mtalinm

I rented a movie from xbox movies and thought when I pressed "play" it would. but no. inscrutable error messages. same for Netflix. though ironically, the previews in xbox movies work fine...

I've installed the latest hd 4000 graphics drivers (*.2932), older ones, tried removing the driver altogether and letting win8 update...no luck.

ideas?

OP
M

mtalinm

that was lazy of me, sorry.

when I try to play a streaming video I rented on xbox movies, I get this:

"Can't play. Make sure your video and audio cards are working and have the latest drivers, then try again. 0xc00d11d"

when I try to play something on Netflix, I get this error message:

"Whoops, something went wrong.

Windows Graphics Driver Update Required

We're sorry, but there is a problem with your computer's drivers.

To resolve this problem:

1. Run Windows Update or visit your PC manufacturer's website to download and install the latest graphics driver for your system. Look for a driver that is signed by the Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL).
2. Run Netflix and try playing again.

Error code: W8158"

Cowboy

that was lazy of me, sorry.

when I try to play a streaming video I rented on xbox movies, I get this:

"Can't play. Make sure your video and audio cards are working and have the latest drivers, then try again. 0xc00d11d"

when I try to play something on Netflix, I get this error message:

"Whoops, something went wrong.

Windows Graphics Driver Update Required

We're sorry, but there is a problem with your computer's drivers.

To resolve this problem:

1. Run Windows Update or visit your PC manufacturer's website to download and install the latest graphics driver for your system. Look for a driver that is signed by the Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL).
2. Run Netflix and try playing again.

Error code: W8158"

Maybe this will help: Streaming media in Windows 8: what you need to know | News | TechRadar