What's new

how to sync OneNote MUI and OneNote 2013?

tony8154

I've been using the OneNote 2013 Desktop edition for a while, but realized that the MUI app seems to use less battery. I usually read my notes on my iPhone. So far, everything I see on my iPhone is everything that's on the desktop version. All other notes I made on the MUI app doesn't show on either my phone or in OneNote 2013 Desktop edition. Any suggestions? How do I get them to sync?

logger

I've been using the OneNote 2013 Desktop edition for a while, but realized that the MUI app seems to use less battery. I usually read my notes on my iPhone. So far, everything I see on my iPhone is everything that's on the desktop version. All other notes I made on the MUI app doesn't show on either my phone or in OneNote 2013 Desktop edition. Any suggestions? How do I get them to sync?
Check your MUI version is set to automatically sync and that it is to the same account.

To do this swype in from the right side of the screen, settings, options and make sure the settings there are correct and you should be good to go.

OP
T

tony8154

Check your MUI version is set to automatically sync and that it is to the same account.

To do this swype in from the right side of the screen, settings, options and make sure the settings there are correct and you should be good to go.
Is there a way to get to settings without swiping? My surface is damaged and I cannot input and touch.

OP
T

tony8154

ok so by hovering the mouse to the right brings up charms and I checked the settings and it's set to the same onedrive account and it's also set to sync automatically, so I think the settings are right. Any other suggestions?

OP
T

tony8154

bump for suggestions.

I tap on the sync icon in MUI, and the notebook then adds the tiny green circle with arrows in it indicating that it's syncing. I left it on that window and left it on all night, with no success of syncing.

today I inked some quick text on the desktop version, synced, then checked my iphone, and it was there instantly.

any suggestions?

again my goal is to get all three synced : OneNote 2013 Desktop, MUI, and iPhone.