What's new

How to sync Outlook between Surface Pro 3 and Galaxy S7

Amanda!

Hi all!

I'm struggling to find a workaround to synchronize Outlook contacts, calendar and notes between my Surface Pro3 and Galaxy S7.
I synced Outlook with Galaxy using Smart Switch and it worked. But now the question is how to sync Outlook with my all devices.
Is there any way to sync Outlook between Surface and Galaxy using USB or Wi-Fi?
Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I would assume that all of you contact and calendar are local? Typically using Outlook.com or Office 365 is how it done currently (or through other providers such as GMAIL).

So it would mean moving those local contacts to a Cloud Provider...

OP
A

Amanda!

Thank you for your input. You’re right, my contacts and calendar are local and I don’t want to use cloud services due to security reasons.

After googling for a while, I found 3rd-party app called Akruto that can connect outlook directly to the computer and all my devices, here's the link: Best Ways to Sync Android with Microsoft Outlook | AkrutoSync
Have you guys had any previous experience of using this solution or any similar software?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for your input. You’re right, my contacts and calendar are local and I don’t want to use cloud services due to security reasons.

After googling for a while, I found 3rd-party app called Akruto that can connect outlook directly to the computer and all my devices, here's the link: Best Ways to Sync Android with Microsoft Outlook | AkrutoSync
Have you guys had any previous experience of using this solution or any similar software?
Very nice find!
The closest thing I used like this was a tool for migrating calendars from Lotus Notes to Outlook in a past life but then I wrote my own because we didn't want to pay the price for 50,000 users. I haven't seen anything like this in a while... I guess I just wasn't' looking outside the cloud box.

This list doesn't look all that promising for alternatives.

Last edited:

Steve Jhonson

Very nice find!
The closest thing I used like this was a tool for migrating calendars from Lotus Notes to Outlook in a past life but then I wrote my own because we didn't want to pay the price for 50,000 users. I haven't seen anything like this in a while... I guess I just wasn't' looking outside the cloud box.

This list doesn't look all that promising for alternatives.

You can try CompanionLink other than akruto it could be a good alternative as well i have tried this as they provide also provide a few days free trial here are the links: whether your need for iPhone Outlook Sync, Android outlook sync, CRM for Outlook, or Google CRM you can find better choice/alternative other than akruto, i can say that as per my personal experience.