What's new

How to tell OneNote App which notebook to put new pages in

convergent

I am using the OneNote App in Windows 10 on my SP4 and have two notebooks open. One is part of my business account and the other my personal account. When I click the "+ Page" to start a new note on a new page, it is putting the new page into the Quick Notes section of my business notebook. How do I tell it that I want the new page to be in the Quick Notes section of my personal notebook? It is correctly showing the time sequenced notes from both notebooks, but I don't see a way to designate which notebook to choose.

MickeyLittle

When you add a page it should always add it to the Notebook you are currently in and the section you are in in that notebook. The Quick Notes Section should only get populated when you take screenshots or one note clippets or whatever and send to OneNote.

I'm sure there are more uses for Quick Notes than this but if you add a page it is going to the location where you are adding it from.

OP
convergent

convergent

For OneNote 2016, the behavior is like you described because it organizes the sections and pages in each notebook. With the OneNote App, the pages organized in chronological order in one list; not by notebook - section - page. So when you hit the button to add a page, there is no current notebook section... its just getting added to the list.

MickeyLittle

Unless you click on the menu and choose a specific notebook to open. Then it will work where you can add pages directly where you want them.

OP
convergent

convergent

OK, I now feel like a total idiot. I was stuck in "Recent Notes" view in OneNote App. In that view, it sorts all the latest updated/added pages mixed together from different notebooks. I suppose it stays in that view until you take it out. Now I see that I can select one of the two notebooks. You wouldn't believe how much time I spent trying to figure this out! :-( Thanks!