What's new

HP Envy X2 Core M

Interesting specs, the higher model Core M chip, 8g ram, 256g SS drive, 13.3 inches, (16:9 unfortunately), but will be less noticeable considering the larger display, and comes with a detachable keyboard, but a pen is optional. It's also bulkier/heavier, and has some ugly bezels on the sides that they've jammed speakers into, so depending on what you think of integrated beats speakers, that's a plus or minus I guess.

But the real selling point, it's $1199 Canadian. Had to do a double-take at that price considering the Yoga 3 Pro is $1599. Gonna go in and play around with it for a bit - have had so many issues with SP3 build quality, (lost track, but on my 6th or 7th SP3 currently - and the keyboard has already had instances where it stops working without a hard reset).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=78b5406c2056e50e2ad3fb599994f3c2en02

EDIT: It's only got a 2-cell lithium-ion 33 WHr... and no battery in the keyboard dock. Even if Core M is the most amazingly energy efficient cpu out there... I don't see how this can compete with the 70 WHr you get from an SP3 with a power cover.

Last edited:

daniielrp

Two things for me:

- That looks awful, literally like a poorly made knock off Surface.
- I used to like HP a lot, but looking back, 4 out of my 5 HP laptop/tablets broke and needed repair (which they did with no problems, but still annoying).

OP
M

markusbeutel

Two things for me:

- That looks awful, literally like a poorly made knock off Surface.
- I used to like HP a lot, but looking back, 4 out of my 5 HP laptop/tablets broke and needed repair (which they did with no problems, but still annoying).

Yeah, it's not exactly a looker - don't know who thought it would be a good idea to monster-size the bezels with beats speakers... but seeing as I'm 1/6 so far on my SP3's, I'm always on the lookout for potential, viable, replacements.

daniielrp

Yeah, it's not exactly a looker - don't know who thought it would be a good idea to monster-size the bezels with beats speakers... but seeing as I'm 1/6 so far on my SP3's, I'm always on the lookout for potential, viable, replacements.

Well I'd still consider it, those pictures are not likely to be the real thing, probably just a Photoshop mock up, so it may look and feel much better in the flesh.

OP
M

markusbeutel

You must be joking.

Not sure if serious. Once the original thread is off the front-page of the SP3 forum, no one will ever post in here ever again. There have been only 4 threads started in this section. I figured what with the various Core-M threads that popped up in the SP3 forum over the past few months, this was fair game. Apparently not - same thing like on the MacRumors forum, where the moment anyone mentions Android or Windows, the thread is taken out back and shot, left to die in the 'alternatives' subsection (which at least receives a modicum of traffic unlike on this forum). I must be joking? No, you must be joking.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if serious. Once the original thread is off the front-page of the SP3 forum, no one will ever post in here ever again. There have been only 4 threads started in this section. I figured what with the various Core-M threads that popped up in the SP3 forum over the past few months, this was fair game. Apparently not - same thing like on the MacRumors forum, where the moment anyone mentions Android or Windows, the thread is taken out back and shot, left to die in the 'alternatives' subsection (which at least receives a modicum of traffic unlike on this forum). I must be joking? No, you must be joking.
I would say the vast majority of regular posters use the Active Topics and rarely use the Hierarchy of the Forum Tree....newbies usually end up here through a web search.... so relax most people will find this thread.

kundas1

what? you hoping to win the Pulitzer prize or something?
pulitzer1.jpg