What's new

Huffington Post overpowers Surface 2

NGC

Would someone try and duplicate my problem. HuffPost has intensive graphics and script and I have found that most times it will not load an article and the comments. It just crashes. If I am lucky to load the complete page the Surface 2 is so underpowered I can't type a comment. Thanks for trying.

oion

Huffington Post loads fine on my S2 Metro IE11 (Obamacare blah blah blah). No crashing, scrolls fine. Comments are visible.

It could be that I have three Tracking Protection Lists enabled in IE11 (see sig). I wouldn't really say the "Surface 2 is underpowered," rather "Huffington Post is stuffed with scripting." I block most of it on my desktop browsers as well.

ctitanic

Is this the site?

Screenshot (15).png

The trick is to have enabled the Tracking Protection Addon

Screenshot (16).png

kristalsoldier

Huffington Post loads fine on my S2 Metro IE11 (Obamacare blah blah blah). No crashing, scrolls fine. Comments are visible.

It could be that I have three Tracking Protection Lists enabled in IE11 (see sig). I wouldn't really say the "Surface 2 is underpowered," rather "Huffington Post is stuffed with scripting." I block most of it on my desktop browsers as well.

That link in your sign leads to a WinBeta page which only talks about how to delete download lists and how to enable tracking protection add-one. What are the 3 Tracking Protection Listed that you use? Thanks.

The Toy Man

The HP page works fine for me.

Have you tried using a different browser like Chrome?

And I would run MBAM (Google it) to check for 'bad guys".

oion

That link in your sign leads to a WinBeta page which only talks about how to delete download lists and how to enable tracking protection add-one. What are the 3 Tracking Protection Listed that you use? Thanks.

I made my sig link text clearer. :)

The three I use are:
TPL.jpg

When you go to MS' actual TPL page, you'll see a whole bunch of options. From Metro IE11, just select Privacy from settings and it'll take you there. The lists are easy to disable with the international "no" symbol in the address bar (both Metro and desktop IE1).

add TPL.jpg

Last edited: