What's new

I am at my wits end with my SP4

bkknight

Contacted support many times, they are useless gibbons. I have had my surface pro 4 for about 8 months, it was fine at first, but the last 6 months I constantly get screen freezes. These last between 3 seconds-30 seconds and is extremely frustrating. I've done 2 clean installs of windows, I've constantly updated my device, ignoring the 3rd party driver updaters and going along with windows updates but nothing, support doesn't seem to want to send me a new SF4 so what can I do, I spent 700 pounds on my product and about 200 pounds on accessories and I expect nothing but the best quality for that price.

Also my Bluetooth windows mouse stops working randomly after 3-4 days and I have to do a windows repair tool just to get that back on track again even with brand new batteries.

Not to mention, chrome only half works, despite reinstalling it many times, Facebook is slow and unresponsive and websites on chrome and edge recognise adblock even when I have uninstalled it. I didn't even install adblock on edge but for some reason websites are picking out adblock on edge too and there's nothing I can do about it.

Any ideas suggestions tips?

I have the 8GB i5 device.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you see any app or driver crash reports in the event log or are there any interesting error or warning events? Does this occur in Airplane Mode?

My SP4 was freezing like yours with my Bluetooth mouse. I was using a non powered USB hub for the little Bluetooth plug in and it froze often. I replaced the non powered USB hub with a powered USB hub and had no problems since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bkknight

Do you see any app or driver crash reports in the event log or are there any interesting error or warning events? Does this occur in Airplane Mode?

I never use airplane mode and having looked at the event log, there are errors in there...none of which I understand.

OP
B

bkknight

My SP4 was freezing like yours with my Bluetooth mouse. I was using a non powered USB hub for the little Bluetooth plug in and it froze often. I replaced the non powered USB hub with a powered USB hub and had no problems since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Bluetooth mouse connects via Bluetooth, not USB hub so it wouldn't make a difference anyway. I also use a powered USB hub.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inform them that per the CRA 2015 it must be fit for purpose, which it clearly is not, and demand a replacement, which the law requires them to do.

Aldec

Type reliability history in search....this should give you something a little bit easier to understand.
Anything you don't understand Google it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never use airplane mode and having looked at the event log, there are errors in there...none of which I understand.
Airplane mode in this case would be as a diagnostic to see if it still hangs when the wifi and bluetooth are off.