What's new

I bought Microsoft Complete today...

ColEdinburgh

To add a little perspective in the UK an out of warranty (oow) exchange from Microsoft is £250. So worst case scenario if you drop your SP3 it's not covered by the standard warranty, the cost of a replacement (probably a refub) is £250.

Not sure how much Complete is over here. Say £150 + £50 deductible = £200. I wouldn't bother.

If you're home insurance has a £200 excess (deductible) again I wouldn't bother claiming as your premium will go up as well.

Sassi

@liam I followed the link someone gave on here to the Australian site and it wasn't there I can only find it on the American site, the Australian version doesn't have the complete option. I've also searcher Google and the Microsoft Store site and can only find complete on the Australian store for Xbox.

Matuldo

Hey one question. Im from europe. My broter liver in Canada and there is significant price difference. So when i bought sp3 from canada with complete warranty and somenting happens, the warranty will work here or in Canada? Its worldwide or? Thanks

Liam2349

To add a little perspective in the UK an out of warranty (oow) exchange from Microsoft is £250. So worst case scenario if you drop your SP3 it's not covered by the standard warranty, the cost of a replacement (probably a refub) is £250.

Not sure how much Complete is over here. Say £150 + £50 deductible = £200. I wouldn't bother.

If you're home insurance has a £200 excess (deductible) again I wouldn't bother claiming as your premium will go up as well.

I would claim on my home insurance. Mine is worth £1100 with a £100 deductible, I don't think the premium would go up enough to put me off - although I hope not to be in that situation.

@liam I followed the link someone gave on here to the Australian site and it wasn't there I can only find it on the American site, the Australian version doesn't have the complete option. I've also searcher Google and the Microsoft Store site and can only find complete on the Australian store for Xbox.

Call them up. It's not that clear in the UK either buy the guy on the phone said it's available. It's worth calling if you want it.

Liam2349

Hey one question. Im from europe. My broter liver in Canada and there is significant price difference. So when i bought sp3 from canada with complete warranty and somenting happens, the warranty will work here or in Canada? Its worldwide or? Thanks

The warranty only applies in the country where you buy it. If you buy in Canada, and take it to e.g. Italy, the warranty doesn't apply.