What's new

I can't get my Pro to scroll sideways with two fingers

Mastiff

On my Pro 4 this happened out of the box, but not on my new Pro (5....). And I can't find the settings for that either, I have tried dedctivating pinch to zoom from an advice online, but that didn't help. Does anybody know what I should do to get this working?

convergent

Mine scrolls side to side with 2 fingers, and I didn't do anything to enable it. What application are you in? I just tested it in Outlook.

Cuchulainn

Mine scrolls side to side with 2 fingers as well. Have you tried resetting the touchpad to default to see if that solves it?

OP
Mastiff

Mastiff

I haven't gotten it to work in any way. Kind of weird that there are no paticular settings for clicking and so on for the touchscreen. This is in web browsers (which is just about the only thing I use with the Surface as a tablet), both Firefox and Chrome.

wpcoe

Late to the game here (newly registered user), but is this about two-finger scrolling on the track pad or on the screen? Reading the replies above it seems like different people are talking about different things? (Cuchulainn mentions touchpad and Mastiff mentions touchscreen.)

Cuchulainn

In that case have you gone into Device Manager and removed the HID-compliant touch screen drivers and restarted the machine? Upon restart the Surface Pro should download and re-install the drivers.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Mastiff ,

What particular app is giving you the problem? If it is all of them, tell us what Edge Browser does with two fingers scrolling the touchscreen.

OP
Mastiff

Mastiff

Sorry, I didn't get a warning of those answers. I have tried to delete and re-add the device. But after the latest Windows update (Fall Creator's Update) it suddenly works as it used to. No idea why, but I'm happy it does.