What's new

I have a bent Surface Pro 3

bulls96

Just mimicking recent article on the verge about a bent iPhone.

I just found out today my SP3 was bent! At the top right corner. I noticed the screen was depressing when I hold it there and then I found out.

I probably have dropped the SP3 pretty hard at least twice. I rarely put in in a bag. I usually handle it it or place it on a backpack with a laptop pouch.

I tried not to overreact and tell myself, it is still working. Trying to fight my OCD.

I do realize its where the processor sits. SO I hope it won't affect my processor functioning.

Attachments

• WP_20141108_003.jpg
    WP_20141108_003.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 1,759
  • WP_20141108_002.jpg
    WP_20141108_002.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 1,166
Think you'll probably be fine - but having said that, I'd get some protection or something for it, be that a folio/hard case, screen protector, or whatever, because it looks like you've beat the shit out of it.

Maybe look into getting a folio like the Maroo one, which clasps onto the 4 corners of the device - this might help in mitigating the screen issue by locking it into place, more or less.

OP
bulls96

bulls96

Yeah I think its time I place a case on it. I just love to bring it naked and show off how thin and light this real computer is. I like the idea of the case with corner slaps.

FYI it does have a clear skin and an illumishield screenprotector.

InspectHerGadget

I've got a high quality cow-hide case for mine with a large fold over flap where I stow the pen. The body has two bulb shaped studs which pushed through the flap to secure it.

It really is ideal. I see no reason to subject such an expensive item to damage.

My Macbook MBA 11 likewise I keep it in a crumpler foam sleeve. Perfect. Never been damaged.

malberttoo

I keep mine naked, and so far have been able to be pretty careful with it. I have Complete though, just in case.

Perttu Lehtinen

Just mimicking recent article on the verge about a bent iPhone.

I just found out today my SP3 was bent! At the top right corner. I noticed the screen was depressing when I hold it there and then I found out.

I probably have dropped the SP3 pretty hard at least twice. I rarely put in in a bag. I usually handle it it or place it on a backpack with a laptop pouch.

I tried not to overreact and tell myself, it is still working. Trying to fight my OCD.

I do realize its where the processor sits. SO I hope it won't affect my processor functioning.

I can confirm, that Surface Pro 3 bends BY ITSELF, probably due to heat. I have a bent Core i7 version and here's discussion on Microsoft's forums:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...gbending/55cdc620-5117-47eb-8066-72e0a912cf93

InspectHerGadget

Urie Geller used to bend spoons...

I personally think if you avoid carrying it in your back pocket if you weigh more than 300 lbs, you should be safe.

Also any teenager "Carrie" type adolescents with supernatural powers away from it.

Of course, keep away any smart arse magician buddies from your SP3.