What's new

I just got it this evening!

M17x

Got a call from microsoft store glendale galleria at 6pm telling me that 128gb has arrived.
Got there around 8pm and they gave me a free no charge type cover and i bought myself a mouse for surface too.
Charging it now and plan to update for tonight.
Any advice guys?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Very cool, congrats. Only advice is to enjoy ;) and maybe check out the pen calibration thread.

Nemesis296

Got a call from microsoft store glendale galleria at 6pm telling me that 128gb has arrived.
Got there around 8pm and they gave me a free no charge type cover and i bought myself a mouse for surface too.
Charging it now and plan to update for tonight.
Any advice guys?

I want a free type cover! Lame that Best Buy/Microsoft didn't do this at launch...

bosamar

Any advice guys?
Fully charge it and then load Windows Updates. When I get a new PC I make of list of the programs I need to load, then load them one at a time and check for program updates. Then I reboot and test the program to make sure it working correctly. You don't want to load six programs, not check for updates, and then have a problem. Just my opinion.

Rushino

Fully charge it and then load Windows Updates. When I get a new PC I make of list of the programs I need to load, then load them one at a time and check for program updates. Then I reboot and test the program to make sure it working correctly. You don't want to load six programs, not check for updates, and then have a problem. Just my opinion.

Everyone talking about doing a windows update... but isn't Windows 8 rather new ? There already bunchs of updates ? o_O

J515OP

Super Moderator
Everyone talking about doing a windows update... but isn't Windows 8 rather new ? There already bunchs of updates ? o_O

Windows is not like iOS that updates once a year or Android which is periodically. Windows is pretty much continuously updated. These updates are traditionally pushed out on Tuesday and therefore have become known as "Patch Tuesday". There are several threads regarding the various Tuesday updates issued so far.

OP
M

M17x

Is there any place that i can see review on top apps for surface? A link perhaps?
Thanks guys

bosamar

Is there any place that i can see review on top apps for surface? A link perhaps?
Thanks guys

As soon as you enter the store they are listed in the Spotlight section. Top paid, Top free, and New Releases.

Screenshot (20).png

Last edited: