What's new

I just noticed an onscreen touchpad icon in my system tray.

Turbo4AWD

I guess part of the 20H2 update includes an on screen touchpad? I haven't seen this before until tonight. That's pretty cool. So you can control the mouse when in tablet mode with the touchscreen mouse pad I guess. Pretty cool. Going to try it out.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
To enable the Virtual Touchpad, press the Taskbar or right click on the Taskbar, and from the menu options, tap/click on the Show touchpad button. This will display a Touchpad icon on the bottom right of the Taskbar, near the clock. Tapping or clicking the Touchpad icon, will display the Virtual Touchpad.

I use this button for my Surface Book 2 when the keyboard base is either not connected, or connected backwards. Very handy.

Screenshot 2020-11-09 142433.png

OP
T

Turbo4AWD

To enable the Virtual Touchpad, press the Taskbar or right click on the Taskbar, and from the menu options, tap/click on the Show touchpad button. This will display a Touchpad icon on the bottom right of the Taskbar, near the clock. Tapping or clicking the Touchpad icon, will display the Virtual Touchpad.

I use this button for my Surface Book 2 when the keyboard base is either not connected, or connected backwards. Very handy.

View attachment 9434
Nice, never noticed that before. Thought it was part of a 20H2 update. Good to know it was there way before.