What's new

I kind of regret my Surface Pro 2 purchase & putting faith into Microsoft

wseverino

I was being sarcastic....

Welp 5 1/2 hours of dealing with online chat, support and a manager I'm no closer to having a refund. I have to send my first one back tomorrow and then follow up with these guys and ask for replacement number 3.

God I hope nobody else goes through this

I wish I could get my replacement, as I have been waiting since 12/16. Currently on the phone with Microsoft, Answertech says this is one of the most touched cases he's ever seen. I was told it would ship Tuesday or Thursday. It still has not shipped. Ridiculous!!!!!!

I still cannot get a replacement, this is a horror story. They still refuse to call me back with any news since its been "elevated." Sad, so very sad!

CrippsCorner

I still cannot get a replacement, this is a horror story. They still refuse to call me back with any news since its been "elevated." Sad, so very sad!

When it's all done they should send you out a form to fill out on how their service went :) I've just completed one myself. For me, the process went okay and my replacement Surface was in top condition... but their website is just terrible, so I've let them know!

infer66

I too had enough with MS. I have one of the early preorders bought thru an ebay middle man. I was under the impression that MS was a serious company able to compete in todays electronic world. I don't anymore.
I justified the dead pixels, the poor wifi signal the slow usb speed the loose screen and even the messed up firmware update. Dead awful support and the reseale death of the rev 1 SP2 is not ok with me. Never again.

ChemCat

I too had enough with MS. I have one of the early preorders bought thru an ebay middle man. I was under the impression that MS was a serious company able to compete in todays electronic world. I don't anymore.
I justified the dead pixels, the poor wifi signal the slow usb speed the loose screen and even the messed up firmware update. Dead awful support and the reseale death of the rev 1 SP2 is not ok with me. Never again.

No argument here. You should try the iPad.

wseverino

A miracle actually happened today. Microsoft called the house and gave my wife a FedEx number. So it looks like they are shipping surface replacements again. Only a month to get one!

OP
G

godson594

No argument here. You should try the iPad.

Well iPad wouldn't give you all the problems a Surface has (I Know because I have had almost every generation iPad and ZERO problems - go figure) BUT I don't know why someone would recommend you to get an iPad coming from a Surface PRO, to me it's obvious you aren't looking for a consumption device. I have been looking at Lenovo and may try one of their laptops if I can get my money back. I don't believe Microsoft is ready to compete in hardware, they have a great idea but it's not executed in a way that is acceptable in a pro user world.

Knuck111

The iPad is an extremely well built device but an SP2 its not. That's why so many of us are putting up with the Surface's quirks because there is currently no direct competition.

infer66

Already have an Ipad 4 a Galaxy android tab and even an old HP touchpad in the house. I know the limitations of each system and the system I really needed was the SP2. Unfortunately MS failed to deliver. The limited color space screen the mediocre digitizer and the bad driver package makes the Surface a failure in my book. And really MS? A cpu upgrade after two months...