What's new

I kind of regret my Surface Pro 2 purchase & putting faith into Microsoft

CrippsCorner

Sure I mean we only know about all the Surface problems because we're on here, discussing them
tongue.png
I've had to return my Surface Pro for a replacement... but I've also had to return my iPhone 4S and I now need to do the same with my iPhone 5S!

Every company has their problems. One thing Microsoft does have on it's hands is inexperience in physical computer hardware. Apple however, really should know better by now.

OP
G

godson594

Just for fun I googled, these common Surface problems. And guess what? Apples iPad Air has all of them +More.
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23680520#23680520 -Dead pixels and dust under the screen in every device a store had.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5532206?tstart=0 - IPad Air crashing everyday, due to low memory.

Apple also sells waaaaaaaaaay more hardware than Microsoft, there still is no excuse for either of them to release crappy products...

I have had 2 Macbook pros, 2 Macbook airs, 4 Gens of iPads, 1 ipad mini, 3 gens of iPhones, Macmini and currently got a work provided Macbook air... Guess what?! No issues on ANY of them. Only crappy thing is my Battery Life on iPhone 5.... Got a Nexus 7 and had to return it because it came with bad speakers lol...

I actually prefer windows over OSX and require windows for the software I need, I would have never purchased a Surface if Apple came out with a device with digitizer and would allow me to boot into Windows... With the luck I have had I'm almost sure I wouldn't have any problems. And trust me if I had a fcked up Apple device it would go right back to them, I could care less who makes it as long as it's made well.

OP
G

godson594

A suggestion, buy from a bricks and mortar store for an expensive purchase like this. Most will just replace your purchase on the spot.

I bought it at the official Microsoft store.. They Don't carry stock for replacements and told me to call in to Microsoft... Trust me I bitched about that too lol...

Last edited:
Still no advanced replacement, its been almost 3 weeks since I started this process! Just today I shared my experience with many of my clients on a conference call (I work for a very large financial software company) and had tell the truth when asked about hybrid hardware that support our environment/software and deploying to their workforce. MS Surface came up and I relayed my experience. To many gasps and chime-ins of similar horror stories dealing with MS and other vendors, I can't say I didn't feel a bit satisfied for the retribution.

lparsons21

Just finished reading this entire thread. And the one thing that sticks out is that MS hasn't set up proper QA for servicing after the sale! That computers have issues at times isn't the problem, it is how the support structure deals with it certainly is.

And that is one thing that Apple, for all its faults, definitely gets right!

Reading this thread almost makes me want to take my recently acquired SP back! :(

But I'm not going to, I like it! Now they just need to work on the service side and get some 'modern' apps that are missing imo.

lparsons21

True. In reading around the 'net, many are having good luck with service issues. But the fact remains that there are far too many not having that same good fortune.

No one or company is perfect, but reducing the number of complaints about how the service was provided is something MS needs to work on. A QA with teeth is needed in the service arena.

OP
G

godson594

True. In reading around the 'net, many are having good luck with service issues. But the fact remains that there are far too many not having that same good fortune.

No one or company is perfect, but reducing the number of complaints about how the service was provided is something MS needs to work on. A QA with teeth is needed in the service arena.

I still can't get my faulty replacement (replaced) - They won't close the case for some reason and don't know how, I spoke with 4 people including a manager who said they will follow up and have not received anything. They cant start another return till my initial case is closed.. all I can do is just laugh and shake my head

jrapdx

I still can't get my faulty replacement (replaced) - They won't close the case for some reason and don't know how, I spoke with 4 people including a manager who said they will follow up and have not received anything. They cant start another return till my initial case is closed.. all I can do is just laugh and shake my head

The after-sale service problems have got to be dependent on location or inconsistent policies/managerial responses.

I'd also was having battery, overheating, keyboard instability and the infamous "insomnia" after the Bad Firmware update. After the expected Firmware Fix did not materialize yesterday, out of sheer frustration, got MS support on the phone, and lo and behold, they were willing, even eager, to make a deal. A refund or exchange, and I took the latter, organized through the local retail store (where I bought it in the first place).

Back in December they weren't so helpful, so something seems to have changed. The failure to produce the firmware fix maybe unleashed a torrent of dissatisfaction, certainly a lot of grousing and discouragement.

Hopefully, you will get a better response now. I'd certainly emphasize the above factors as they apply to your situation. I'll keep a good thought it will shake something loose, and you'll get your problem resolved.