What's new

I love my SP3, but I think i'm going for the Companion 2

kozak79

I love my SP3, but the new Wacom Companion 2 is pretty slick. If you can get past the price tag, it has everything I wanted in the SP4. Broadwell processor, next generation Intel HD 6100 video card, 13 inch screen, 16 GB or ram and a 512GB SSD for the top of the line model, and of course a Real Wacom Pen. $2500 is hard to swallow but the fact that you can connect it to any computer and use it as a Cintiq Drawing Tablet on a host machine, makes it somewhat future proof for artists.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds good. Not really seeing the reasoning of the thread though. To me it reads little different to i'm selling my mercades because this ferrari is faster.

It's always a case of a specific tool for a specific task. For artists this might be better, but for the majority of users, that additional kilogram is going to be a bit of a harder pill to justify.

Whatever floats your boat. For me though, at that weight, and without a keyboard, this is nothing more than a really really expensive drawing tool, not a laptop or tablet repalcement

Aegeas

No 802.11ac and only 4.5 hours of battery life? No thanks. Not going back in time. Not the right fit for me.