What's new

I love sitting next to folks with iPads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
F

fonzman78

Sat next to an iPad user today.

He was playing GTA on his iPad, and asked to see how it looked on the Surface Pro 2 to compare.

I go to turn on the tablet, doesn't power on until 15 seconds later as it BSODs when booting from sleep.

Tablet final turns on, touch screen is spazzing out, thinks I'm tapping everywhere when I'm not. I reboot device.

I go to open up the game, the game crashes.

I google search the error, find an answer on yahoo answers and scrolling down the page does not work.

iPad user smiles, tells me I should have gotten an iPad instead.

At this point I can really only agree...

LOL, Macmee, you crack me up. You try so hard to make it look like you have problems. Almost too hard. After reading your many posts, I wonder how much is true and how much is just.... well, you. What are you on now? Three, four returns? Two, three bank holds at $1500 each? Each return takes 2 months. Each new device has the same exact issues and even some new ones. Countless BSOD's. Screens that don't respond. Games and applications that crash every single time you run them. MS Support experiences that are hours long and useless.

This post, however, takes the cake, As I said, you try almost too hard. But, this is just one person's opinion. I'll let the rest of the others come to their own conclusion.

xramz

He was playing GTA on his iPad, and asked to see how it looked on the Surface Pro 2 to compare.

I go to turn on the tablet, doesn't power on until 15 seconds later as it BSODs when booting from sleep.

Tablet final turns on, touch screen is spazzing out, thinks I'm tapping everywhere when I'm not. I reboot device.

I google search the error, find an answer on yahoo answers and scrolling down the page does not work.

I've had my surface since December and I got blue screen once. The only reoccurring issue I get is the pen doesn't work on the whole screen (only in the top left corner) till I restart the device sometimes.
How the hell are you so cursed?

wditters

Had mine since Christmas, one of the first 4300u machines, and have never had a single issue with it. Boots fine, no BSOD, I work and game with it, loads of virtual machines under VMware, I play Asphalt 8 and Reaper a lot on it. Not a single issue.

freshness

Im hoping to buy a SP2 a/ 256GB 8GB RAM this summer. I think that the iPad has many bugs as well since I administer 20 of them at work and there is a lot of hickups as well.

I don't think you should judge the surface pro 2 by the posts of users like macmee.
If you have problems too bad but it doesn't represent the big picture in my eyes.
If you bring up iPad in the same sentence as surface pro then you really don't get what is what. IPad is a lightweight gadget whereas surface pro is a computer and has computer bugs.
I just get so annoyed by this discussion that I had to register and post here after reading.

Surface pro 2 seems perfect for me. If you have bugs deal with them and find a solution don't just turn to the iPad which is locked down as a device and not a production device.

I will love to show the people with iPads what a SP2 can do...

CrippsCorner

Dude, do us all a favourite and do this with your Surface. It's trying to tell you it doesn't want to live it anymore, give it what it wants!

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

Deckyon

I have found, after 18 years in the industry, people who consistently have the same problems with different hardware units, are the cause of the problems. Most affectionately known as P.E.B.K.A.C.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have found, after 18 years in the industry, people who consistently have the same problems with different hardware units, are the cause of the problems. Most affectionately known as P.E.B.K.A.C.

Keep it civil.....

macmee

So you're saying it's my fault that they've taken over 2 months to refund me $1000 and that it's my fault for experiencing the sleep crash bug which many other users experience too? <removed profanity>

Dude, do us all a favourite and do this with your Surface. It's trying to tell you it doesn't want to live it anymore, give it what it wants!

computer-smash-other-guys-Mark-Wahlberg-angry.gif

I would love to do this! But then I would be out $1500 :(

Had mine since Christmas, one of the first 4300u machines, and have never had a single issue with it. Boots fine, no BSOD, I work and game with it, loads of virtual machines under VMware, I play Asphalt 8 and Reaper a lot on it. Not a single issue.

I want to know if anyone with the 4300u experiences the sleep crash bug.

I'm on my third SP2 too.... lol - But mine was hardware related, I haven't seen a BSOD yet thank god.

And there are people here calling me incompetent and dumb. They got a working Surface and are smug about it.

I've had my surface since December and I got blue screen once. The only reoccurring issue I get is the pen doesn't work on the whole screen (only in the top left corner) till I restart the device sometimes.
How the hell are you so cursed?

If the sleep crash bug was fixed I would be extremely more satisfied with my $1500 rock. When Microsoft gives me back the $1000 they owe me I'm going to do another advanced exchange because of this bug, and I'm going to keep doing advanced exchanges until I finally get a device that works properly.

You're either dumb or a troll.

You must of missed the thing where I did get my surface exchanged, and that I want to get it exchanged again, but that I've been waiting (2 months) for Microsoft to give me back my $1,000.

You're smug because you got a working Surface, so fuck you for insulting me. You would be pissing your pants if you had such a bugged device.

LOL, Macmee, you crack me up. You try so hard to make it look like you have problems. Almost too hard. After reading your many posts, I wonder how much is true and how much is just.... well, you. What are you on now? Three, four returns? Two, three bank holds at $1500 each? Each return takes 2 months. Each new device has the same exact issues and even some new ones. Countless BSOD's. Screens that don't respond. Games and applications that crash every single time you run them. MS Support experiences that are hours long and useless.

This post, however, takes the cake, As I said, you try almost too hard. But, this is just one person's opinion. I'll let the rest of the others come to their own conclusion.

One bank hold for $1000, never multiple and never for more. I can take videos and pictures of my bugs if you want, but considering almost every bug I experience is incredibly mainstream I think the problem is just that Microsoft did a really bad job in the product quality department here.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
People,

Everyone take a step back and consider what you are typing. If this thread continues to spiral we will lock it and issue infractions as necessary.

Thanks,

Korlon

So here's a thing... Ironically, the computer Mark Walberg is smashing... it's an apple. :)
I like to think he's doing it because his brother got Jenny McCarthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.