What's new

I Miss My Surface

TeknoBlast

Today, I just returned home from being in Houston since Saturday visiting family. Saturday night, I borrowed my mom's car to visit some family members. As I visited, I had my Surface with me. Later that night, I went to a bar to meet other family members. Well I placed my Surface under the passanger seat while I was in the bar.

The night ended and I went back to my mom's house. Sunday morning my mom left for Mexico for New Years. I wake up about two hours later after she left and realized I left my Surface in the car.

I called Mom and told her the deal. Well she was about an hour away from San Antonio. As she's driving to Laredo, I was looking for a Fedex office. Turns out the next best thing was Office Max. Had my mom ship it from Laredo and I wont get it until Thursday night.

God I miss my Surface. Now I'm here typing on my Sony Viao with Vista.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

You still use Vista? lol

Seriously, I never had an issue with it. When I first bought the laptop, it did run a little slow, but with any computer I buy or build, I always max out the RAM. Once I did that, it runs great. I read all the horror stories about Vista, but I never had any to tell.

I know what you mean. We have grown so dependant on our electronics that a day without any one of them is nearly unbearable. If I leave my smartphone at home, I panic until I return home to get it. Email and text messages all day everyday. I'm certaim I would have a terrible time managing my business without my phone. Just saying...

Seriously, I never had an issue with it. When I first bought the laptop, it did run a little slow, but with any computer I buy or build, I always max out the RAM. Once I did that, it runs great. I read all the horror stories about Vista, but I never had any to tell.

I still use Vista on my five year old HP, that was the primary computer before the Surface, I never had any problems with it.

bosamar

I was just giving you a hard time.... lol. I used Vista until Win7 was released. I never had a problem with Vista either. I think all those anti-Vista commericals from Apple had a lot to do with it....

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

My Vista laptop is a five year old or so device. I installed Windows 7 at one point, but all the functions didnt run correctly. Then I did a clean install of Windows 8, but it ran really slow. So now I went back installed Vista and works just fine. I might one day clean it up again and sell it so I ca get a laptop with Windows 8.

R0bR

There wasn't an issue with Vista really, but there were two major issues that affected it's success. It required more Ram and CPU to run well than XP so a majority of consumer PCs were not ready for the upgrade. It was also delayed so much that when it actually released 3rd party drivers or Vista compatible software updates were not ready, I don't think OEMs and software companies expected it to release.

J515OP

Super Moderator
There wasn't an issue with Vista really, but there were two major issues that affected it's success. It required more Ram and CPU to run well than XP so a majority of consumer PCs were not ready for the upgrade. It was also delayed so much that when it actually released 3rd party drivers or Vista compatible software updates were not ready, I don't think OEMs and software companies expected it to release.

Yes absolutely correct. The big issue was Vista was the real transition pusher from 32 bit to 64 bit (allowing for more RAM since 32 bit is limited to 4GB, and faster CPUs). There was certainly a chicken and egg scenario with drivers and hardware and nobody was making either because the other didn't exist. Most people were unaware that MS pushed the change through with Vista which was the main reason for the lack of drivers but also the main reason 64 bit is now standard and we don't have to think about it any more (well unless you are trying to hook up some really old hardware to a newer computer that is).

Beatkat

Once Vista was/is fully patched it's very stable...I too, never had issues with it except that hardware manufacturers wouldn't write drivers for it on a timely basis or at all...couple that with the bad press and the fickle user base and it got a bad rap...that and of course you had to patch it and install your updates which very few users stay on top of...No matter which OS it is...